Born on 20 July, 1955.
- Civil Servant of the General State Administration, on leave of absence.
- Chief Technical Inspector of Vessels for International Marine Coatings, Ltd. (CEPISA, Spain), since 1982, currently on leave of absence.
- Member of the Scientific Board of the International Institute of Political Sciences of the UNESCO Chair in Political Science and Comparative Administrative Study, assigned to the areas of Defence, Industry and National Security since 2010.
- Senior Advisor at VIMAD GLOBAL SERVICES S.L.
- Advisor member of the Board of BRUZON CORREDURÍA DE SEGUROS Y REASEGUROS.
- Holds a Masters in National Defence from the Rey Juan Carlos University.
- Holds a Diploma in ‘Advanced Military Studies’ from the Centre for Advanced National Defence Studies (1991).
- Holds a Diploma in ‘Advanced National Defence Studies’ from the Centre for Advanced National Defence Studies (1991).
- Holds a Diploma for completing the Executive Management Programme (EMBA) for Members of Parliament from the Instituto de Empresa (IE.BS) Business School (2009).
- Parliament-Business Companies Programmes in IBERDROLA, INDRA and INFORPRESS.
- Ad Honorem Professor at the International Institute of Political Sciences of the UNESCO Chair in Political Science and Comparative Administrative Study, assigned to the areas of Defence, Industry and National Security since 2010.
- Honorary Professor at the Alfonso X El Sabio University of the Royal Forum Chair in Senior Management.
Formerly, among other positions,
- Senior Advisor for Preventia Neurotechnology (2016-2017).
- Professor at the International Studies Society. Advanced International Studies Course (2014).
- Director General of the Spanish Civil Guard (2011-2016). Rank of Deputy Secretary.
- Deputy Chair of the Congressional Committee on Defence for the Spanish House of Commons (2004-2011).
- Spokesperson in the Spanish House of Commons for the Defence of the GPP Political Party of which he is a member (1996-2000).
- Chair of the National Committee for the Defence of the Political Party for which he is a MP (1996-2000).
- Government Delegate in Galicia (2000-2004). Rank of Deputy Secretary.
- Member of the OSCE International Parliamentary Assembly.
- Member of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly.
- Elected as a Member of Parliament (House of Commons) in the following legislative periods: 1989-1993; 1993-1996; 1996-2000; 2000-2004 (resigned as a Member of Parliament to become the government delegate in Galicia); 2004-2008; 2008-2011 and 2011-2015 (resigned as a Member of Parliament to become Director General of the Spanish Civil Guard). He has served as spokesperson for the Fishery sector, the Naval Sector, Merchant Marine and Defence Spokesperson in the Spanish House of Commons.
- First Deputy Mayor of El Ferrol (1987-1989).
- Councillor of the City Council of El Ferrol (1983-1991).
- Lecturer at seminars and conferences on Fishery, Defence, the Naval Sector, Merchant Marine and National Security in various universities and in other types of national and international forums, among others: the Centre des Hautes Études du Ministére de I’Intérieur de France CHEMI (Centre for Advanced Studies of the French Ministry of the Interior, Paris) and the School de Guarda di Finanza (Italy).
- He is in possession of several national and international decorations, among others, by the Governments of Spain, France, Italy (twice), Portugal, Peru, Mexico, Colombia. He is a Gold Master Statutory of the Royal Forum of Senior Management.