Born on 31 July, 1951.
Bachellor of Arts and Doctorate (PhD) (Cum Laude) in Economics from the University of Barcelona.
- Full Professor of Economics of the University of Barcelona since 1987.
- Director of the Energy Sustainability Chair of the University of Barcelona.
- Coordinator of the Energy Economics Programme and professional Seminars in the Master of Renewable Energy at the University of Barcelona.
- Lead Researcher of the Sustainability and Environment Investigation Group.
- Member of the Board of Directors of EDP RENOVÁVEIS, S.A. (EDPR) and member of the Audit, Control and Related Parties Committee of said company (July-September 2018).
- Member of the Board of Directors of ABERTIS (2013-May 2018).
- Member of the Advisory Board of CSN (2016-2018).
- Chairwoman of the National Energy Commission (CNE) (2005-2011).
- Chairwoman of ARIAE (2005-2011).
- Deputy Chairwoman of MEDREG (2010-2011) and Chairwoman of the MEDREG Scientific Committee (2014-2016).
- CEER Member (2005-2009).
- Chairwoman of the Board of Iberian Electricity Market (MIBEL) - (2006-2007).
- Member of the Board of Directors of INCASOL (2004-2005).
- General Secretary of Industry and Energy of the Regional Government of Catalonia (2004-2005).
- Chairwoman of EPLICSA (2004-2005).
- Deputy Chair of CIDEM (2004-2005).
- Member of Parliament (Cortes Generales) - VII Legislative period (2000-2004).
Other details of interest:
- She has a long academic career with a very active presence in research and teaching, as well as in conferences and presentations at international congresses in the field of energy, industry and business.
- She has more than 170 articles published in Spanish and international books and academic journals specialized in energy and economics. The research group she directs at Economía de la Energía has been recognised for Research Excellence by the corresponding official agency for evaluating the quality of research.