Born on 1 July. 1968.
Degree in Law from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (1991). Appointed via Civil Service entrance examinations to the Spanish Official Body of Property and Mercantile Registrars, Class of 1993. Executive Education – Advanced Business Management Programme. IESE-Business School (PADE-A-2013). Executive Education - Programme focused on ‘Women on Boards of Directors’. IESE-Business School (2015).
- Chairwoman of the Red Eléctrica Group and of the Board of Directors of Red Eléctrica Corporación S.A.
- Property Registrar currently on authorised leave of absence (more than 25 years of working professionally in the field).
- Adjunct Faculty member of Civil Law. University Official Master's Degree for Admission to the Spanish Bar Asso-ciation. Nebrija University.
- Adjunct Faculty member. Social & Affordable Housing. Master’s Degree in Real Estate Development. School of Architecture & Design. IE University.
- Adjunct Faculty member. Policies for sustainability. Housing. Master’s Degree in Management of Construction and Real Estate Companies. ETSAM.
- Vice-Chairwoman of Real Patronato del Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.
- Member of the Board. Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Administration. UNECE. Geneva.
- Mentor of the Fundación Endeavor España (support for high-impact entrepreneurship) (2014-present).
- Member of the Advisory Board of AlumniUAM.
- Lecturer and international speaker.
- Member of Parliament for Madrid and Chair of the Committee on Justice. House of Commons. XIII Legislative Period (2019).
- Secretary of the Area of Land Management & Planning and Public Policies on Housing. Federal Executive Com-mittee. Spanish Socialist Worker's Party (June 2017-February 2020).
- Chair of the Pablo Iglesias Foundation (September 2018-February 2020).
- Director of Institutional Relations of the Spanish Official Association of Property and Mercantile Registrars. Member of the Governing Board, responsible for Institutional Relations and of the Press and Communications Office (October 2013-June 2017).
- Secretary of State for Housing and Urban Affairs. Ministry of Development (October 2010-December 2011).
- Chair of the Board of Directors of the State-owned Land Management Company, SEPES.
- Minister of Housing of the Government of Spain (April 2008-October 2010).
- Councillor of the Madrid City Council (September 2007-April 2008).
- Board member of the Municipal Housing and Land Company, EMVS.
Other information of interest:
- Throughout her professional career she has acquired legal-technical knowledge in the following fields of law: real estate, urban planning, civil, commercial/mercantile, mortgage, tax, procedural and administrative, both in the private and public sectors. In addition, she has held positions of responsibility in various areas of the public sector, promoting regulatory measures and legislative processes, with management and supervisory powers in various ministerial departments and in state-owned companies.
- Her experience also extends to the negotiation and shaping of the collegial bodies will, the management of insti-tutional relations at the highest level with national public administrations (Ministries, Autonomous Communities, City/Town Councils) and internationally (EU, USA, Latin America, Russia, Turkey, Singapore), with financial enti-ties and companies in the real estate sector and other industrial sectors and with professional associations, Or-ganisations and NGOs. She has also held interlocution responsibilities with media and press offices.
- She has received, among other awards, the Medal of Honour from the Spanish Official Association of Property and Mercantile Registrars (2018), the 2017 ALUMNI Prize from the Faculty of Law of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid-UAM and the Grand Cross of the Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Carlos III presented by His Maj-esty King Don Juan Carlos I (2010).