Born on 20 July, 1955.
- Career Civil Servant of the General State Administration, on leave of absence.
- Chief Technical Inspector of Vessels for International Marine Coatings, Ltd. (a multi-national company), from 1982 to 1989, currently on mandatory leave of absence.
- Masters in National Defence from the Rey Juan Carlos University.
- Diploma in ‘Advanced Military Studies’ from the Higher Centre for National Defence Studies (CESEDEN).
- Graduated in ‘Advanced Defence Studies’ from the Higher Centre for National Defence Studies (CESEDEN).
- Executive Management Programme for parliamentarians (EMBA) from the Instituto de Empresa (IE) Business School.
- Parliamentary Business Companies Programmes (INFORPRESS, IBERDROLA, INDRA).
- Honorary Professor of the University ’Alfonso X El Sabio’ of the Royal Forum of Senior Management Professorship.
- Professor (Ad Honorem) of the International Institute of Political Sciences of the UNESCO Chair in Comparative Political and Administrative Science, attached to the Defence and Industry and Security Areas.
- Professor of the Society of International Studies. Course of Advanced International Studies. Rey Juan Carlos University.
Formerly, among other positions,
- Director General of the Spanish Civil Guard (2011-2016).
- Scientific Adviser of the International Institute of Political Sciences (2010).
- Vice President of the Congressional Defence Commission (2004-2011).
- Spokesperson for Defence in Congress (1996-2000).
- Advisory Minister for Public Administrations (2004).
- Delegate for the Government in Galicia (2000-2004).
- Member of Parliament, elected by the province of La Coruña, in 7 Legislatures (1989-2012), holding, among others, the positions of Spokesman for the Naval and Merchant Marine Sector, Vice-President of the Congressional Defence Commission, Spokesperson Defence in Congress, President of the National Defence Commission, Member of the OSCE International Assembly and Member of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly. First Deputy Mayor of El Ferrol (1987-1989).
- Councillor for the Local Council of El Ferrol (1983-1991).
- Lecturer at conferences and seminars on Defence, Fisheries, Naval Sector, Merchant Marine, Security and the Civil Guard, in various universities and in all kinds of national and international forums, among others, EUROPOL, Centre des Hautes Études du Ministére de I’Intérieur de France CHEMI (Centre for Higher Studies of the French Ministry of the Interior, Paris) and the School of the Finance Guard (Italy).