Born on 26 April, 1957.
Doctorate (PhD) in Industrial Engineering (Major in Electrical Engineering) from the Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineers of the University of Seville.
- Full Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Higher Technical School of Engineering of the University of Seville.
- Director of the “Endesa Red” Chair (since 2007).
- Associate Editor of Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy (China).
- Lead researcher of one of the largest and most relevant research groups nationwide in the field of electricity systems, composed of more than twenty Ph.D.’s and five Full Professors.
- Fellow Member of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
- Member of the Real Academia Sevillana de Ciencias (since 2014).
- Coordinator of the Inter-university Doctorate (PhD) Programme "Electrical Energy Systems", University of Seville (2013-2017).
- Chair of the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Seville (2003-2011).
- Chair of the Ph.D. programme entitled ‘Technical and Economic Management of Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems’, University of Seville (2003-2006).
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (2011-2016).
- Member of the IEEE European Working Group on Energy (2014-2016).
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Corporación Tecnológica de Andalucía (2006-2015).
- Member of the Steering Committee of FUTURED (Spanish Technological Platform of Electrical Grids).
- Visiting Professor at the University of Waterloo, Canadá (1998).
- Adjunct Faculty at San Diego State University, California (1988).
Other details of interest:
- Maintains an active presence in the academic, research and teaching arena, as well as acting as lecturer at conferences and scientific committees at important international symposiums in the energy field.
- He is co-author of more than three hundred technical publications based, fundamentally, among other fields of specialisation, on the field of electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems.