Born August 8, 1949.
Mining Engineer from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. Economic Science Graduate from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Master's in the European Union from the Escuela Diplomática de Madrid.
- International independent advisor in the field of electrical energy.
- “Ad Honorem" Professor at the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Minas y Energía.
- General Manager of the Compensation Office of the Electrical Sector – OFICO – (until 1991).
- General Manager of the Mining and Construction Industries of the Ministry of Industry and Energy (1992-1995).
- Member of the Boards of Directors of ENDESA and Petronor (1992-1995).
- Member of the Board of the National Energy Commission (1995‐2000).
- Advisor to the European Union for the liberalisation of the Romanian electricity system (2000).
- Executive of International Regulation for the Corporación Unión Fenosa, providing his services to the Secretary General of Regulation (2002-2004).
- General Manager of System Operation of Red Eléctrica de España, S.A. (2004 - March 2012).
Other details of interest:
- He has been an associate professor in the Department of Energy Systems of the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Minas y Energía de Madrid; lecturer on the Master's programme in Renewable Energies at the Escuela de Organización Industrial; lecturer on the Master's programme in Energy and Competitiveness at Orkestra (Instituto Vasco de Competitividad); professor for the Advanced Course of Energy Business of the Club Español de la Energía and professor at Universidad de Alcalá de Henares in subjects related to energy supply.