Special measures adopted in relation to the 2020 General Shareholders´ Meeting in response to COVID-19:
- The venue for the 2020 General Shareholders’ Meeting will be the Company’s Head Office.
- The General Shareholders’ Meeting will be held exclusively via telematic assistance, that is, without the in-person attendance of shareholders or their representatives and, in general, of any other person, except for those that are considered absolutely essential for the organisation of the Meeting.
- Our Shareholders, in addition to the possibility of using the ordinary procedure on proxy voting, shareholder voting and access to information via electronic means, may remotely attend the General Meeting from their homes through telematic assistance in order to participate and cast their vote at the General Meeting without having to attend in person, pursuant to the rules and regulations governing the organisation and functioning of the Meeting.
Have you registered on our telematic assistance platform?
If you are a registered user of the telematic assistance platform and you have your access credentials, we would like to inform you that the quorum required to hold the General Meeting on first call has not been reached. Therefore, the General Meeting shall be held on SECOND CALL, on 14 May 2020 at the place and time indicated in the Call Notice, and will be exclusively via telematic means. To participate, you must connect between 8:45 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. on 14 May 2020.
The platform can be used to cast your vote, intervene and follow the event via live streaming.
- Shareholders who do not connect within the time slot indicated will not be able to participate in the Meeting.
- Should you only wish to watch the live streaming of the Meeting, connect at any time as of 10 a.m. on 14 May 2020, via the General Meeting Webcast section of our corporate website.
Procedure for proxies, voting and attendance at the General Shareholders' Meeting 2020 by remote means
Shareholders, or their designated representatives, who wish to attend the Meeting via electronic communications means, must register on our electronic platform in order to participate in said Meeting. The platform will be available from 00:00 CET on April 28, 2020 and the deadline to register is midnight (24:00 CET) May 12, 2020.
If you are a shareholder, you only need to register on said platform where you will find details about the different ways in which you can access information and sign-up in order to attend and participate in the Meeting via electronic communication means.
If you have been appointed as a shareholder representative (designated proxy holder), the procedure is different, but we can help you simplify it.
You just need to follow the following steps:
- Send us an email through the Shareholder Information Office of Red Eléctrica Corporación, S.A., to the following mailboxes email@example.com o firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- Your full name and surname, along with your National Identification document or passport (or equivalent identification) and the full name and surname as well as the National Identification document or passport (or equivalent identification) of the person whom you represent (in the case they are a natural person) or the company name and the Tax Identification Number (in the case it is a legal entity).
- Digitized copy of the shareholder's attendance card duly completed and signed by both the shareholder and you as the representative who accepts the appointment as proxy holder. Nonetheless, we request that - if and when doable, from a legal and operational point of view - you please send us the original attendance card prior to the scheduled date for the holding of the General Shareholders’ Meeting to our Registered Office, located at Pº del Conde de los Gaitanes, 177, postal code 28109 Alcobendas (Madrid), Spain.
- Digitized copy of the public deed that accredits you as a representative in the event that the shareholder is a legal entity.
- Valid email address where you wish to receive user and password credentials to attend and participate in the General Meeting via electronic means under the terms approved by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the rules and guidelines governing the functioning of such remote attendance system, published on the corporate website of the Company www.ree.es.
- In the event that you have been appointed as a representative of more than one shareholder, you must send us the information indicated in the aforementioned requirements for each of the shareholders that you represent, whether they be natural persons or legal entities.
- Once the information is received, the Company will carry out the appropriate verifications, granting validity to the digitized copies sent for these purposes provided that it has no reasonable doubts about the identity of the individual exercising the voting right, and will send the User and Password credentials to the individual’s email so that they can participate in the General Shareholders’ Meeting via electronic communication means and cast their vote using the remote voting procedure. The Company reserves the right to request that shareholders or their representatives provide whatever additional means of identification that it deems necessary to verify their status as shareholders or as representatives of shareholders, and guarantee that a representative is an valid proxy holder and has been duly appointed.