Red Eléctrica Corporación, S.A
Red Eléctrica Corporación is the holding company of the Group, and it has the following dependant subsidiaries:
- Red Eléctrica de España (Red Eléctrica), responsible for the electricity activities in Spanish territory
- Red Eléctrica Internacional, responsible for the Company's foreign investment and the Group’s international consultancy service (Redinter)
- Red Eléctrica de España Finance and Red Eléctrica Financiaciones, created as vehicles for financing the various activities of the companies of the Group
- REDCOR Reaseguros S.A., created as a captive reinsurance company to reinsure the risks linked to the activities, guaranteeing better access to international markets
- Red Eléctrica Infraestructuras en Canarias, responsible for the design and execution of pumped hydroelectric energy storage projects that can be used as tools at the disposal of the electricity system operator
- Red Eléctrica Infraestructuras de Telecomunicación (Reintel) responsible for the management of the business in the telecommunications sector
- Red Eléctrica Sistemas de Telecomunicaciones, responsible for the management of the satellite-based business (Hispasat)
- Red Eléctrica y de Telecomunicaciones, Innovación y Tecnología is the innovation and technology subsidiary whose purpose is to accelerate technological innovation, generate competitive advantages and create business opportunities that will enable the Group to become a technological reference (ELEWIT).
On 7, June, 2022, Grupo Red Eléctrica is changing its brand name to Redeia to strengthen its positioning as a global manager of essential infrastructures and to encompasse all its businesses. Likewise, indicate that the company name has not been modified and continues to be Red Eléctrica Corporación, S.A.
Red Eléctrica en España
Red Eléctrica is the sole transmission agent and operator (TSO) of the national electricity system in Spain. Its mission is to operate the system in real time, guaranteeing the continuity of supply and the safe integration of renewable energy. In addition, it develops, expands and maintains the high voltage electricity transmission grid in a sustainable way.
Red Eléctrica Infraestructuras en Canarias
Red Eléctrica Infraestructuras en Canarias responds to the need to promote energy storage projects in the Canary Islands, as tools for the system operator to guarantee the supply on the islands at all times and to optimise the integration of renewable energy.
Red Eléctrica Internacional (Redinter)
Investment in electricity transmission infrastructure abroad is channelled through the various subsidiaries that form part of Red Eléctrica Internacional (Redinter). Currently, REI through its subsidiaries in Peru, Chile and Brazil, manages and operates various transmission lines in these countries, designs and carries out projects and provides specialized maintenance services for medium and high-voltage electrical infrastructure, protection systems, telecommunication systems, as well as technical consulting for energy projects.
Red Eléctrica Infraestructuras de Telecomunicación (Reintel)
Reintel operates more than 52,500 km of dark fibre optic network deployed along the electricity transmission grid and the telecommunications network associated with the railway service in Spain, acting as a neutral provider of telecommunications infrastructure for the main agents of the sector and telecommunications operators with a presence in Spain. Its core activity is the operation and management of telecommunications infrastructure focusing mainly on the lease of surplus dark fibre optic network and technical sites and spaces for the housing of telecommunications equipment. Additionally, Reintel provides maintenance services for fibre optic cables and telecommunications equipment.
Red Eléctrica Corporación, through its subsidiary, Red Eléctrica Sistemas de Telecomunicaciones, S.A.U., formalised the acquisition of 89.68% of the shares of Hispasat, S.A. on 3 October 2019. The agreement positions the Group as a global operator of electricity and telecommunications infrastructures, both in Spain and internationally.
Hispasat is the leading satellite infrastructure operator in Spain and Portugal in terms of turnover, the fourth largest operator in Latin America and the eighth largest in the world.
Elewit is the technology platform of the Group. In May 2019, The Board of Directors of Red Eléctrica Corporación approved the creation of this new technological company to offer innovative solutions to the new challenges of the electricity and telecommunications sectors, with one goal: to promote energy transition and connectivity for a sustainable future.