Born March 19th, 1956.
Degree in Economics from the University of Valencia. Public Official belonging to the Spanish State Economists and Trade Experts (February 1983).
- Vice-president at the Spanish consultancy Llorente y Cuenca, specialised in reputation management, communication strategies and public affairs (2016-2018).
- Head of the economic team for the Electoral Programme of the Socialist Party’s candidate for Presidency of the Government in two electoral campaigns 2015 and 2016.
- Senior Counselor at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) (2009-2015).
- Spanish Public Administration Minister (2004-2007).
- Representative for the province of Castellón in the Spanish Lower Parliament, Socialist Group’s spokesperson for economic affairs and Chairman of the Joint Committee on Climate Change (2000-2009).
- Secretary for Economic Policy and Employment of the PSOE (2000-2004).
- Economic advisor to the Socialist Parliamentary Group in Congress, with special advisory functions reporting directly to the Secretary General and the candidate for the Presidency of the Government (1998-2000).
- Director of the Cabinet for the Minister of Economy and Finance, participating in the management of the crisis of the European Monetary System and the European economic crisis arising from the German unification (1993-1996).
- Member, in representation of the Spanish Government, of the Boards of Directors of Tabacalera and the National Institute of Industry (INI) (1991-1996).
- Head of Cabinet of the Minister of Agriculture, participating in the MacSharry reform of the Common Agricultural Policy (1991-1993).
- Advisor on international economic relations in the Cabinet of the President’s Office of the Government of Spain, participating in the negotiations of the Maastricht Treaty (1986-1991).
- Territorial Deputy-Director in Valencia, participating in the Management Committee for the export of citrus fruits and in the Executive Board of the Chamber of Commerce (1983-1986).
Other data of interest:
- He has been a tenured professor at the ‘Escuela de Organización Industrial’ (EOI) and at the ‘Instituto de Empresa’ (IE) where he was an associate professor of Economic Environment in an Executive Master.
- Author of several books on economic and political matters.
- He has published numerous articles in specialised journals and has been a columnist in the weekly ‘Markets’ supplement of the newspaper ‘El Mundo’ (2008-2018) and, currently collaborates as a columnist in the newspaper ‘El Periódico’.
- He was the first minister to open a Blog (2006) and is very active on Twitter @sevillajordi (since 2008).