The e-sios system allows Red Eléctrica to:
- Communicate with the Iberian Market Operator, (the Spanish pole - OMIE), with whom the results of the matching process of the Day-ahead Market and successive Intraday Markets are exchanged.
- Communicate with Market Subjects who come to Spanish electricity market with offers to buy or sell energy, then to notify the acceptance or rejection of such offers, in a transparent and confidential manner.
- Communicate with technicians of the SO (System Operator), from whom it receives the validation of orders and the processing of offers, adjustments due to technical alterations or exceptional situations in the transmission grid, allocation of ancillary services, etc., that will lead to the definition of each of the hourly schedules.
- Communicate with the electricity system operators of neighbouring countries, in order to assess the technical capacity of the interconnection lines, as well as the capacity available for commercial use after applying the security criteria in both systems, and to manage grid restrictions regarding international interconnections.
- Publish the results of the different markets and schedules, so that each recipient of the same may act accordingly.
- Store not only the information that enters the system but also the results of the various processes in its historical database.
Under current legislation, Red Eléctrica as system operator is required to make public the results of the markets or operating system processes, ensuring at all times the confidentiality of sensitive information made available by market subjects.
For this, it has developed and published two websites:
- Secure web access through a certificate (https://sujetos.esios.ree.es), in which the market subjects exchange confidential information with the system operator.
- e·sios public website (http://www.esios.ree.es), where Red Eléctrica makes publicly available information resulting from the operating processes under their responsibility.
From the home page of the public website, shown in real-time, is the final status of the schedules and the results of the various operating markets:
- Day-ahead market prices in Spain - Portugal (MIBEL) and France.
- Prices of the intraday markets in Spain - Portugal (MIBEL).
- Energy and prices of the restriction solution process on the day-ahead market.
- Secondary control band and band price.
- Energy and deviation handling price.
- Energy and tertiary control price.
- Price of deviations in real-time.
- Capacities, schedules and balances in real-time regarding international interconnections.
It also publishes information on energy schedules and electricity demand, production markets, demand forecasts, interconnection information, etc.
Energy Identification Code (EIC)
Red Eléctrica has been designated by ETSO as the local office responsible for issuing this code.
View all the information from the website of the office.